Skip to main content

My Rant: MTV VMA 09

Yes, I'm mad late on this - busy day today. If I'm honest most of my initial emotions have moved onto pastures new. I've had time to think about it + tweeted most of my thought. To be honest those factors take away from making the best rants. However, I wouldn't write this if I didn't have enough for the reader.

"Get on with it!" I hear you scream. Alright, I hate when people ramble intro's too.

So, Janet Jackson + dancers MJ tribute

(Head over to http://www.thatgrapejuice.net/2009/09/mtv-vmas-2009-performances.html for the performances. Can't get the embed code)

Truly magnificent! That's what you call a tribute. I think recreation was lead by Wade Robson I believe. He choreographed for Britney, Nsync and other top acts. Also had that MTV show back in the day 'Wade Robson Project'. Execution was beyond on point. J-Lo's ex-hubby from when she was that chick Cris Judd was up in there. Janet sounded mad aggressive, the bit where she was dancing "next to" Michael was the beez neez!!!

Not looking forward to MOBOs soon-to-be woeful attempt. They've got Jermaine Jackson and the Shangoolie kid from Britain's Got Talent + Michael Jackson memorial. Now what are they really going to do? If they don't have Flawless and Diversity somehow involved in the tribute we know it's gonna be waste. Now I've said that, I bet they have both. Even though it will draw comparisons to VMA's at least it will be better.

Apologies, I gt sidetracked, this is MTV VMA

Single Ladies (with a couple lines from Sweet Dreams)

"Head over to http://www.thatgrapejuice.net/2009/09/mtv-vmas-2009-performances.html for the performances. Can't get the embed code)

Beyonce is that chick! No one in the game puts in that much on stage. The mass choreography was effective as well. Wonder if being single was part of the criteria. Saw a couple I wouldn't mind put a ring on, or even my dong... What?! I wasntt going to be disrespectful. Woman is the best thing Jah created, ugly fat ones too!

I can't comment on Pink or Lady Gaga. If I'm honest I can't be arsed to watch them. I'm in love with Pink though if that's any consolation.

Now the formalities are out of the way we can move on to what made the VMA the most notorious awards show - excluding the Source awards; they should have held that in various projects - the 'It'll be alright on the night' moments. Remember that dude scaling the decor behind the desk thing they give awards from?

Starting with the least controversial, Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys and surprise guest Kid Sister. No, Lil Zane. Nah that wasn't the one either... Lil'... Lil'... Mama that's the chick.



What was she playing at? Like really, I didn't even know she was still in showbiz.

Her apology

“I did not mean any disrespect towards Jay-Z or Alicia Keys,” the statement reads. “I admire them and look up to them as role models. ‘Empire State of Mind’ had my emotions running high. In that moment I came up onstage to celebrate my two icons singing about NY.”


She walked on what was a moving tribute to the city that raised him and turned it into a circus on her Jack Jones (own). Lol @ Jay asking if she's T-Pain tonight.



This pic is hilarious! Alicia wonder what Jay's gonna do, Jay looking like he's holding a wasp hostage in his mouth thinking "Wait til I get off this stage, Chris Brown won't have shit on me" (I don't condone men hitting women, nor stating Jay hits women merely commenting for comedic purposes), Lil' Mama "Erm... I was told KanYe was this way. (Damn this chopper suit didn't make me invisible)".

And last but not least KanYe West interupting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for Best Female Video



What a [insert 4 letter expletive of your choice]?! What is he playing at? Firstly, the one type of American you don't mess with is a blonde "attractive" American sweetheart who sings country music. She symbolises everywhere outside of the multi-cutural places in Yankland = the real $$$. We loved you when you did it against Bush because it was true. Ok, you did it to some band who's name I didn't know then, don't know now, but you were still cool then. Now you're this big superstar who has well and truly made it. Know how I know? You released a utterly bs album yet managed to sell loads. Try pull that stunt again and see how the bandwagon doesn't work for you. Every celebrity who has commented has been against him; Pink called him a piece of sh*t, Katy Perry compared it to him stepping on a kitten (how very ufckin clever Katy!), Marsha "boy better know she's boss of this falsetto ting" Ambrosius wrote an essay on twitter. We all know Bill O'Reilly will have something to say.

PMSL @ this clip



How dare he talk about give a black man a chance? He doesn't even rep black people like he did once upon a time. IMO Graduation and 808's and Heartbreaks even moreso were made for "crossover audience". I don't relate to him, his tight jeans, YMCA-esque taste in clothes, weird/off-key haircut... In fact the only thing I rate him for (outside of work he's done for others) is the slag he rolls with. He thought outside of the box, got a bal'head chick who inspired other chicks to adopt what was once thought of as a dyke cut. Her face isn't all that but her body is amazing.

Anyway after deleting the first one,

I’M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD’VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED! I LIKE THE LYRICS ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER AND SHE’S IN THE BLEACHERS! …………………… I’M IN THE WRONG FOR GOING ON STAGE AND TAKING AWAY FROM HER MOMENT!…………….. BEYONCE’S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THIS DECADE!!!! I’M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU GUYS DOWN!!!! I’M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT MTV. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO TAYLOR 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I’M A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE!!! NO DISRESPECT BUT WE WATCHIN’ THE SHOW AT THE CRIB RIGHT NOW CAUSE … WELL YOU KNOW!!!! I’M STILL HAPPY FOR TAYLOR!!!! BOOOYAAAWWWW!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME… THAT’S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! I’M NOT CRAZY YALL, I’M JUST REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!! I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR TAYLOR AND I’M SINCERELY SORRY!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!


here is his apology part 2:

I feel like Ben Stiller in "Meet the Parents" when he messed up everything and Robert De Niro asked him to leave... That was Taylor's moment and I had no right in any way to take it from her. I am truly sorry.

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=239462_-1__0_~0_-1_9_2009_0_0&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=

Very good of Beyonce to give Taylor the chance to make her real apology during her own acceptance



Who's kanYe going to interrupt next? Obama? *someone from audience shouts too late*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier