Skip to main content

OK! Mag Kano and Noel Clarke mix-up

Spotted this over at Mad News. You guys get that I like that blog yet? This must be the 4th time I be jackin material san! It isn't really jackin, it's inspiration.

As big as OK mag are I don't know what kind of mag they are; women, gossip, entertainment? All the same thing anyway. Men aren't supposed to read it so I'll make an educated guess that there's also fashion and make-up tips, hot fella's and pointing out sexy thick celebs cellulite to make insecure 40 year-old ugly journalists feel better about themselves (don't tell me most wimmin mags don't follow that blueprint)

Anyway, apparantly they wrote an article on

Noel Clarke

But ended up using a pic of


Kano


Voila



Well Kano can give thanks as this will probably be the most mainstream promotion he's had in his whole entire career, as evidenced by his tweet (http://twitter.com/therealkano) regarding the situation: "Has anyone got a screenshot of @okmagazine using my picture instead of @NoelClarke?"

Mr. Clarke, not to be confused with Justin Clarke a.k.a. Kano's Robin (not my words) rapid-fire grime MC, Ghetto/Ghetts - I just clocked I want to interview Noel Clarke. Missed out last year due to conflicting arrangements. Get your people to holla at my people... ok so I haven't got any people, but you know what I mean - back to what I was saying, Mr. Clarke (http://twitter.com/noelclarke) wasn't best pleased, twranting (Twitter Rant):

"Click link wait 4 page to load. look at picture. I'm offended. WE DON'T ALL LOOK ALIKE http://tinyurl.com/yeqlusa Retweet their ignorance"

"nice @OK_Magazine Except the picture of "me" u put up is not me http://bit.ly/7wCqPq It's Kano. All look the same do we? what year is this?"

Before directly tweeting Ok Magazine's twitter account:

"@OK_Magazine if you can tell me ANY excuse for this http://bit.ly/7wCqPq i'd like to hear. Google+sense. A 2yr old could see that ain't me."

Some next dude, James Moran ("Writer for film and TV - Severance, and episodes of Doctor Who, Torchwood, Primeval, Spooks, and Crusoe" according to his bio), tweeted: "Wow. @OK_Magazine photo of @NoelClarke is not him: http://bit.ly/7wCqPq -but hey, black guy with stubble, close enough eh?"

I agree it is a damn near impossible error to make when using Google images, I don't suspect they use archives from filing cabinets, or do they? Saying that, I guess it depends on what was typed into the search bar: "I C 1 male, stubble, entertainment, light brown" - not very likely.

But I'd like to challenge that "do all black people lookalike" question. Yes, Noel Clarke and Kano do actually lookalike. Hell, I'm surprised they didn't throw in one of the miscellaneous guys from JLS. Apologies, I don't actually know his name. If it isn't Aston or Marvin (what a great name), I don't know who's who.

Dude on the extreme left



Can I get a witness?

Comments

  1. Yea, i agree, i thought the guy on TV - advertising an album he did with some pre-grads - was Noel Clarke, i was like, wow. then i googled him...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier