Skip to main content

Sway F64; my thoughts

You may or may not know the background between me and Sway, so I'll tell yous. I don't think he liked a post I wrote about him (http://marvinsparks.blogspot.com/2009/09/sways-new-song-do-we-care.html). He commented on it then hit me up on Twitter, calling it "interesting". He asked me to review his mixtape, The Delivery, which quite clearly I haven't done. Not because I couldn't be bothered; more I've listened to it, thought it was alright, but haven't got around to reviewing it.

Anyways, his F64



First off, shouts to SB on the 2nd series. Doing a lot fam! F64's have fully got the internet going NUTS!

Absolute demolition job! Quotables and punches for days (although he said "They couldn't see me coming if they were vaginas with spectacles" before. See I listen intently Sway ;) ). I liked "Life's a bitch and I'm C. Brown... I'm just taking the piss with the seat down", "I'm not patient I want to see the doctor first/ Tell them knobs they can hang on - do not disturb", "A lot of rappers talk Bold when they've got the Curve", "I'm the teacher, you're a student you better come to terms/ With it...", "We make your lady gaga with a poker face/ I poke her face so much they call me Pokemon" (or something like that. Flow was too skippy)... you get the point. His delivery was up there with Bashy. I feel he bettered Bashy mainly because he's original. Definitely top 5 F64s

You know what, I'm gonna sum up both the F64 and mixtape in the same paragraph because I think it's that easy. We always knew he could spit, his problem to me (my opinion and all that jazz) and those who tweeted me to say they agreed with my post, is we know he can spit, but spitting is only half the job. Many rappers can spit, problem is when they come to put a collection of serious work together, something falls short/lacking. You have stand out tracks, then the others.

The Delivery mixtape review

When I've played the mixtape in my car, people have said "Who's that Sway? He's fallen off man." I tell them the tape isn't that bad, because it isn't. It isn't that great either.

Stand out tracks: Just A Matter of Time (feat Akon), How Low freestyle, he goes in on I Declare War ("I'm still 20 but the people I move with are close to 50 like Whookid"), CB (feat Bigz), I Wanna Rock freestyle, Skool Woz Kool (sounds like his version of Asher Roth's 'I Love College) could easily be an album cut.

Can't remember what track he said it on, but "You're 279, no listeners" hard line. The singing on Broke Love gave me joke. Even with Autotune, Sway's voice didn't cut it, bless him (if it isn't him, llow me). Overall good beat jack selection (Luda's 'How Low', Rihanna's 'Hard', Snoop's 'I Wanna Rock', as well as David Guetta's 'Sexy Bitch' and a reworked version of Eurythmic classic 'Sweet Dreams' where Sweet Dreams is switched with 'CB' (cock blockers) aka industry blockers.

True Stories has a big line up which includes labelmate Kardinal Offishall and a surpise appearance from Styles P.

So yeah, it's alright innit. I'd give it 3/5 for a mixtape. Would this have translated well as an album? No. Unlike the Drake's and J. Cole's of this world who released mixtapes that could easily sit on shelves next to the best albums that year, this is a mixtape where he's flexing his muscules as a spitter that we know he is capable of.

Maybe we can do an interview to clear up a few of these bits you claim I missed out. Give us the fans who think like I do a clearer view to Sway, dispel a couple of misconceptions. Remember we the fans don't see the whole picture including behind the scenes struggle. What see most of the time is the end result. Holla at me chale ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier