I don't actually know how the lyrics go, can't remember the hip hop song title to double check it... For previous episodes Thoughts of the day
1. Jeremy Kyle guest returns to sender inspired by chitter-chatter
I'm not for or against Jezza Kyle unlike most, but this is funny
2. Holland has reggae talent inspired by Robbo Ranx BBC Radio 1Xtra show last night
I know I'm the reggae/dancehall guy to many, but I'd never heard of this guy prior to Sunday. I've heard and rate the Changes riddim highly but I'd never heard this cut. Maikal X is representing Holland strong along with Ziggi.
3. "Smart Guy" dumb decision inspired by That Grape Juice
You may remember him as the star of Disney Channel's Smart Guy with the buff TV sister (Essence Atkins), or the dude with the buff real-life sisters in Tia and Tamera Mowry. Either way, his buff sisters (click here for my TeenHood Crush appreciation post). Here he is singing John Legend's 'Ordinary People'. Reminds me of Peter Andre
4. Russell Brand: Deeper than crack/crass inspired by Newsnight last week
Crack, heroin, coke, and whatever else he used. He's a very smart guy and this interview shows an interesting side to him away from the crass jokes about vagina's and stuff (he was funny on Big Brother's Big Mouth though). Speaks on his desire for and emptiness of fame, the celebrity obsessed culture, Andrew Sachs gate, and how he wants to use his fame and more. Paxman is still that guy. I'll be the black Paxman one day, not in po-lie-tricks though.
5. Throwback tune of the day inspired by the jukebox in my brain.
L-o-v-e-d'd this song back in the day. Richard Blackwood is one of my childhood idols. Hold tight the gang that watched all the programs he hosted for him. Producers Stargate of NeYo, Rihanna, Beyonce fame went in with this beat.
6. Random tune of the Day: Wailing Soul 'Jah Give Us Life' inspired by dude asking me what music my dad listens to
This doesn't count as a throwback tune because although it's old, I can't reminisce about a time I wasn't around at.
7. Tune of the day: I-Octane 'Think a Little Time'
One of my favourite artists, I-Octane, on last year's Alter Ego riddim. His voice is too hard. Where's G-Whizz by the way?
8. Playing games with the Commonwealth Games inspired by BBC Commonwealth highlights coverage last night
This competition has been one helluva shambles. The nonsense leading up to it, the swimmers catching stuff, now the main thing we care about, 100m sprint (even though none of the big names were there), messed up. Read what happened here
9. Random question / Real Badman Never Afraid:
Oasis 'Don't Look Back in Anger'
. Most man that claim they have swagger don't have swagger like Liam. Random question is who's Sally?
10. Kelly Osbourne; iWood, would you?
iWood have back then
And iWood now
For previous episodes Thoughts of the day
11. Quote of the day: Kano on dancehall inspired by interview in Clash magazine
"Sometimes it’s criticised for its vulgar content but to me dancehall has always been about having fun. It’s a music that you need to experience firsthand to understand what it stands for. It can lift spirits and get the party started but at its best it can also be a voice for the youth and stand up for the poor people of Jamaica. With lyrics like Bounty Killer’s “Poor people fed up!” or Damian Marley’s “To win election dem trick we / Then dem don’t do nothing at all / Hit the streets in every car, bar, barber shop and in every garrison”, there’s a sense of togetherness that resonates around the whole island. It’s indescribable."
Spot on mi don!
12. LOL of the day: Nelly set to headline MOBOs 2010 inspired by Mad Neeeeeewwwwwwwwwsss
For each step they take forward (accurate nominations list), its [blankety blank] back. Also, they should have replaced the DJ category with Best Unsigned for the likes of P Money, Dot Rotten, Smiler etc. cos there are nuff people making waves on the not-yet-overground circuit