Skip to main content

Dun know the Thursday

Yeah, blaad, Thursday. One day away 'til the weekend.

If you haven't already checked it, there's a competition to go see Joe at Sound in Lee-i-chester Square as my Jamerican (Jamaican-American) friend calls it. "Why y'all spelling so hard to read yo? Don't you know about phonetic" she said. To be fair, she has a point. Love her man, shout her out. Anyway, it's a simple question. For more info go this way.

Back to today's thoughts

Throwback Tune of the Day: Xscape - 'My Little Secret'

Slow jam inna dem neckback! This song came to mind through a conversation. Jermaine Dupri has to be one of the most underrated producers in recent history nah? I think it's actually a young Brian-Michael Cox on the buttons for this one. Same vein as another popular song around that time.

Just thinking without Kandi, would Beyoncé have been female-empowerment, independent woman Beyoncé? I've never listened to Destiny's Child's debut album in its entirety, so I couldn't tell you the theme of it. Going by the singles on it and The Writings On The Wall (stone cold classic), there was a difference. Kandi wrote No Scrubs, then DC got involved?

Turn it up because the volumes low. Taped from VHS. Can't embed the official video so put a live performance. Weird to see how they performed with minimal dancing, no dancers, actually singing and it's a slow jam. R&B with a slow jam did exist.



Mariah Carey's up the duff!

Lifted from ThatGrapeJuice

Yep, she's revealed she's pregnant. I look at her these days and wonder if she's even all that anymore for me to hate on Neek Nick Cannon. I still wood obviously but she isn't Heartbreaker/Honey Mariah anymore. Far from it. She's a fat skinny girl. I like girls with weight but she's so funny amalgam of the two. One that doesn't sit right with me.

But forget that for a second, I came (no pun) across a quote that I'm unfamiliar with. Mariah Cannon said: "Yes, we are pregnant, this is true!” Mariah told Billy of the baby that is due this spring." I'd never heard a couple/woman say they both are pregnant before. Call me ignorant. I don't care.

Pushing all that aside, we here at Marvin Sparks dot blogspot dot com would like to send out best wishes to the Carey-Cannon.

Diddy Dirty Money 'Loving You No More'

I've felt this song from I first heard it. Really plush. Has all the makings of a hit. Shame the artist goes by the name of Diddy on there. Feel it would have got more ratings had it been a "cooler" rapper. I don't care, I rate this tune hard. My ears hold little prejudice. And when is this Last Train To Paris? I thought South West Trains were bad but damn fam, this last train to Paris takes the mickey.



Shakira performs in parking lot

This would have been the scene at the end of Borat when he tries to put her in the bag. Truss me!



Wiley's Eskimo goes bashment funky

Hold tight mi I-drin Prodigal on this one. Wiley gave him a couple used lyrics from From The Drop but I hear it was made under him Guinness. The beat will feature Lady Chann, Natalie Storm and dancehall artist Einstein. Should do a lot on the Shoreditch scene. Riddim goes hard!



p.s. Ever wondered what Marvin Sparks' favourite dancehall tracks from 2010 would sound like if he mixed them? Well click here. I'm not a DJ but I've made a sick CD. Initially made for friends that complained they didn't have any new dancehall. Couple people said I should upload it, so I got drops from couple artists, and voila. Features the biggest tracks such as Clarks 1, again and 3, Touch a Button and Hold You and stuff but also features strong cuts on those riddims, plus plenty more top rate riddims. Will dedicate a post to it tomorrow with more info but if you trust what you've read on these pages then it should be alright. *cough the track record is a lot, just check here and here. Mostly predictions made from the comfort of my room :D cough*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier