Skip to main content

iBlog Daily

That's correct folks. I've managed to update my blog everyday for a whoooooooole week. Haven't done this since this time last year.

Moving on

How NOT to interview

I go on Grime Daily (erm, daily) and every day I go on there... actually I'll change what I was about to say. The internet is a great thing; it has given a lot of people an opportunity to be heard where they wouldn't have been. The same for bloggers (I'm not a blogger, I just blog a lot), traditional journalists and presenters both in front and behind the cam, myself included. However I see loads and loads of interviews yet the amount that are actually of any quality is still rare. How does that work? I can sense from a mile off those who have Google searched the night before. While that isn't totally bad thing, when you're conducting an interview with someone that most of the viewers will already have reasonable knowledge of, you have to be on your A-game. Grime Angels are a perfect example of CRINGE but one of them, (Mula?) needs to holla at me



The interview that inspired this is the one below. This is an example of some any bird-I'd-bone (ladies I love you. I just coined that as I wrote it so thought I'd share for sake of a chuckle. My intentions are not to degrade) asking basic run-of-the-mill questions. Not only that, she's interrupting him, clearly showing little interest.



And this is how you use research to make a good interview. I'm making an educated guess by the lead up to questions that this was researched the night before. If it wasn't apologies. Both birds are fit by the way



"I stay underground... Chile miner"

That's my grime #DrakeBar, if you copy it, name-check me (in a nice way). In all seriousness, I can't even begin to imagine the jubilation everyone involved must feel right now. 9 weeks underground, not knowing what was going on down there, whether the operation to rescue them would actually work, if the ceilings would fall and crush everyone... I feel happy for them and I'm not involved. Good to see good news as a headline. Imagine if every day was like this? I'm sure we'd be happier people you know.



Interview with miner. I wonder if his request to be treated normally and not a celebrity or journalist will happen. I really can't wait for a special interview asking them about their survival techniques, what they did down there, how they stayed positive and little things like how they went toilet.



Quote of the Day: Shyne: LA Reid doesn't care about hip hop from SOHH

"I’ve been fixing to get up out of there for a while now because [Island Def Jam CEO] L.A. Reid doesn’t care about hip-hop." First Nas' outburst, now Shyne? What's going on in the Mecca of hip hop? Saying that, I'm not totally surprised by this. LA Reid is first and foremost and r&b man. You would think he'd have a duty to push hip hop though. But weren't these same things leveled at Jay-Z? Wonder how much power he really had back then. Or is it as simple as Nas himself famously proclaimed "Hip Hop is Dead"?

Robbo Ranx interviews Vybz Kartel

Kartel speaks on his popularity, social responsibility and when he'll be in England. Props to Robbo on keeping in 10minutes. I'm telling you now, mine will be 30mins minimum. Know this. Big up di don Kartel, I can talk like we're friends because we follow each other on Twitter :D I was the 6th/7th person he followed.



Mission get taken for friggin Tina Turner (by @bangsandabun)

May remember this post from yesterday, this is the update here. Kinda reminds me of one of my infamous posts. Ha!

Real Badman Never Afraid: Take That 'Back For Good'

This song came up in conversation today. We were speaking about Cee-Lo beating Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow to number 1 in the singles chart last week. Great innit!? That would have been a sure-shot number 1 back in the days. Newspaper and TV coverage would have been damn-near unbearable (did I say damn-near? It would have been unbearable), the sheep would have been out in their herds. But anyway, this tune is a classic. 1995 UK #1 by the boyband. 2nd to last before Robbie kicked out. p.s. RIP TOTP



I say real badman never afraid but I know everyone liked it really. I remember everyone know the words when I heard the reggae version played out at some family function for the first time. Funny that

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier