Skip to main content

3 Worst Songs At The Moment?

I'll start this post with the best of the rubbish songs. I'm not even sure if this is rubbish. Mainly because I can't listen to it without feeling offended.

Mann ft. Iyaz & Snoop Dogg - The Mack



349 likes, 21 dislikes

Sorry, but he took a classic. I guess this is a sign of old age. I may have felt like this about rap sampling soul and disco songs if I was born in the '60s. But http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifI'm convinced this song actually doesn't justify sample. Which in itself was based on a sample.



Just listened to the Mann song again. I can confirm it is rubbish. Buzzin' is a good song. Granted, I'm not old enough to have been around when the original came out, but Buzzin' is actually good. I do like how Snoop sits on the riddim though. That goes to show it isn't the sample, it is in fact him.

Jason Desrouleaux - careless what the title is, the song is an absolute embarrassment

Now we all know this guy's existence in the music game is a prank. Come on, he can't be serious. Look at him. Listen to him. He's serious? And he's supposed to be 21/22 years old? He must think we think he was born yesterday. He's at least 25. I don't care about American diets and people looking older, this guy is straight pulling Nigerian passport ages for his PR age.



32,962 likes, 1,542 dislikes

I can see how the younger generation could be fooled into thinking Mr. Desrouleaux's version could be good. Until you hear the original. Hold on a second though, have you seen the way my don spells his name? And he sings "Derulo" so often. That doesn't look like it's pronounced Derulo.

But back to the point.



That is a timeless record right there. I remember Puffy saying you have to sample a song at the right time or after a certain amount of time has elapsed. I don't think the above two are abide by that theory. Well for me personally. Desrouleaux's song shot into #1 in UK singles chart. All those poor souls conned for their money, time and effort. Such a shame.

Not to mention he also borrows "Banana Boat Song" by Mel B's father-in-law Harry Belafonte



Just think: if this is the level of music now being appreciated by the next generation of musicians, I fear for the next generation.

Lastly

Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger

This is definitely the worst song I've heard all year. Everything is a fail. The beat. The attack at hater. But most of all the song title Swagger Jagger. Yes, Mick Jagger does have swagger, the term however, is "swagger jacker". The title oversight leads me to believe it will be a reflection of the album; attempted "urban" demographic but will fail because handlers have no idea what they're doing due to their lack of "urban" savvy. Features from Dot Rotten and Busta Rhymes though? Hope they're being compensated heavily.



2,246 likes, 7,245 dislikes

I have never seen a like:dislike ratio since... a Chipmunk video ("Flying High" but he has replaced that video). Actually Rebecca Black "Friday" (but that's been removed now because the label were charging to watch the video).

And The Runners were my favourite producers at one point in time (short space of time mind you). They've gone from Rick Ross "Hustlin'" to this? SMH'ing for the man dem on this one.

And the dubstep remix is something I can imagine playing in the lift/elevator down to hell.



Embarrassing all around. And if you recognise the melody, it's from "Oh My Darling, Clementine"



The highest rated comment is "That acne infested gypo has gone and used this for her new song... smh" to 117 thumbs up. That's 117 Swagger Jagger's.

[Update]

I just remembered this song Nicola Roberts - Beat of my Drums

Yes, it's the ugly one Girls Aloud. I actually wood out of sympathy I think. For some reason I think she had swag, but possibly convinced myself that because she lacked everything else. Also, I like the underdog. She's got some alright attempts at sexy moves though. C'mon.


8,060 likes, 4,612 dislikes

Diplo sent that beat from his recycle bin I think. Musta done. It's clear the a&r wanted something similar to Pon Di Floor and got that. The songwriter clearly thought they'd run a joke to see how far he/she got and the label fell for it.

If I had to decide of the 4 which are the worst three, I'd let Mann get away with just an honourable mention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvin Sparks x Raekwon interview

Wu-Tang's in-house "Chef" better known as Raekwon proved he is still a force to be mentioned alongside the hottest rappers in the hip hop game with the release of Only Built For Cuban Linx... pt. II - sequel to his 1995 debut album. Marvin Sparks caught up with the hip hop legend to discuss rapping for drug dealers, people caring "more about stats than raps", his inclusion in MTV's Top 10 Hottest Rappers list, and converting to Islam. Marvin Sparks: It has been almost fifteen years since the first Only Built For Cuban Linx, an album that was a 5-mic classic when The Source magazine held weight. Why did you decide make a sequel?

Why Cheetah Woods, whhyyyy?!?!?!

We must all know about the predator nyamin woman (no bowcat reference intended - or am I lying? *shudders*). Anyone heard the voicemail he left for the girl he's been PARrin (there was a golf reference there) his wife with? Easy now my selekta as we rinse some tunes for di one name Tiger. Man like him doesn't know how to play. (By The Endz not Ruff Sqwad) How you gonna leave a voicemail for a girl with your real name at the beginning? Do you want to be held to ransom? Man from 'the ends' know (in the words of Kano) "That's slippin'!" And when isht hits the fan (like it has) he's buggered. Not something I deal in but surely the point of cheating is for an assortment of ladies. All his ones look the same; blonde, no breast nor batty. Rachel Uchitel bawlin at the scene of 9/11 where her man (fiancee/boyfriend/husband) died The chick whose sold his voicemail on and can be heard above The wifey (why cheat on her with the ones above I'll never kno

Remember When Riddims Were King

Before you read, thank you for your interest and hope you enjoy. I actually fleshed it out into a book. You can get your copy from www.nolongstories.com   Now for what you came here for... When Riddims Were King 23rd May 2020 will be remembered in history for one of the most epic events in one of our universe's darkest times. We will never forget the night dancehall kings and former extremely heated rivals, Beenie Man and Bounty Killer, battled on the Verzuz platform built by hall-of-fame producers, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. An unfiltered, 360-degree view on Jamaican dancehall events was showcased; DJ’s and dancing (Beenie Man’s daughter Desha Ravers) to deejay’s clashing on the same riddims. The latter elements provided the jewels in the night’s highlight reel, and undoubtedly the best thing to happen on the Verzuz series. Word spread like guava jelly within the dancehall community and Jamaican diaspora upon announcement. Not only was it a clash between the longest and fier